James Martin and Bond producer Barbara Broccoli ended their relationship after she attempted to purchase a £180k supercar for him.

 



James Martin recently shared details about his breakup with James Bond producer Barbara Broccoli, attributing the split to a rather unique circumstance.

The well-known chef revealed that the relationship began to unravel when Broccoli attempted to purchase a £180,000 Aston Martin for him.

The duo, who met at a charity auction, had been together for nearly five years before parting ways in 2008, according to the Mirror.

Now 51, Martin has looked back on his time with the affluent producer, 63, and acknowledged an inherent 'imbalance' in their relationship, sensing early on that it was doomed to fail, despite their strong initial connection and a 12-year age difference.

It was a pivotal moment in our relationship. I always sensed an underlying imbalance between us.

Ultimately, I declared, "If I desire something, I'll earn it myself. Let’s drop this issue, or it'll only drive a wedge between us."

James later dated Sally Kettle, a former Miss England, and more recently ended his long-term relationship with TV producer Louise Davies.

They first crossed paths on 'Celebrity Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?' over a decade ago but parted ways this past December.

James and Louise, 47, shared a home in Hampshire. They never married, maintaining a strong friendship even after their breakup. They’ve chosen to keep the details of their split private, but James has openly shared his views on marriage in the past.

Speaking to the Sunday People, he explained, "No, marriage doesn't appeal to me at all, mostly because I've catered at so many weddings. I respect those who choose to marry, but for me, I'm content. I don't see the need to spend 60 thousand on a single day; I’m quite satisfied as is."

Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url